It’s a perfectly legitimate question.
It’s December and so you are probably getting bombarded with requests for support from some very worthy causes. When making decisions on who to support, we think that it’s only fair that you know where your money is going.
Guide Star does the best job of publishing information about non profits. You can see Federal tax returns and financial statements for Square Peg Foundation here.
What does a donation to Square Peg accomplish?
- $10 buys a bag of cat food for our FIV+ barn cats
- $25 buys a bag of specialty feed for one of our elderly horses
- $55 sponsors a student for one group lesson
- $75 sponsors a special needs student for a private session
- $125 feeds all the animals at Square Peg for two days
- $160 pays our facility rent for one day
- $500 pays for semi-annual vaccination boosters for the herd
- $1,000 cares for an Off Track Thoroughbred Racehorse for one month including board, feed, shoeing and training
- $3,500 buys 11 tons of feed
- $4,850 pays our lease for a month
- $7,000 provides bedding for the horses’ stalls for one full year
- $7,500 builds the new pasture including fencing and shelters
- $18,000 builds our covered arena, including lights
- $25,000 kickstarts our program to provide job and leadership training skills for young adults on the autism spectrum
So many have been so generous to Square Peg Ranch. This past year has seen our biggest growth yet in in-kind donations. The Lazarow, Anson-Hayes and Freiberger-Loveland families all jumpstarted our pilot job training program. JRD Custom Saddles sent us beautiful tack, Dr. Ashton Cloninger again helped us through all the hard times with our horses. Giant Steps Foundation, HEW Foundation, the Coxe Family, the Bielagus Family and the Finch Family all made our move to our dream location possible.
So many others to thank and so much to do.
We have some ways that you can help Square Pegs todayDonate through PayPal
2 Replies to “If I Donate to Square Peg, where does the money go?”